It’s brussel sprouts season again – and I try to make something when certain vegetables are in season. When I told Dunster that I made Brussel Sprouts Potatoes & Bacon Fry, he said, “hmmm.. from his experience, brussel sprouts are bitter and really.. not so appetising..” But I told him, try mine and then you’ll love it.. heheheeee.. sure, I’m always right… 😛
- 450g brussel sprouts
- 350g sliced cooked potatoes
- 100g chopped bacon
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce, optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut off bottom part of sprouts and remove outer layer of leaves. Cut into quarters for bigger sprouts and halved for smaller sprouts. Wash and drain. Put aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok or deep pan. Add bacon and fry for abt 5 mins, till golden and crispy.
- Add potatoes, onion and garlic. Stir to mix with bacon and let mixture cook for abt 8-10 mins. Remove from wok or pan and put aside.
- Put sprouts in same wok or pan, add abt 100ml water and let sprouts cook for abt 10 mins. If sprouts are too dry, add a little bit more water.
- Once sprouts are cooked, return potato-bacon mixture to wok or pan. Mix sprouts-potatoes-bacon and add salt and pepper, to taste. Let them cook for 2 more mins.
- Serve immediately with some mayonnaise and tomato ketchup.
So, he ate enough for 2 persons.. 😛
Rate this post if you like:
2 arguments are required, 1 given