- 400g pork belly
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar, or to taste
Spice Ingredients to be made into a Paste:
- 10 shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 10 dried chillies, deseeded and soaked in warm water for 10 mins
- 1/2 tbsp belacan or shrimp paste
- 20g candlenuts
- 1/2 tbsp asam or tamarind paste
- Cut pork into bite-sized pieces and scald in boiling water till half cooked.
- Pound or blend all spice ingredients into paste form.
- Heat up a pot with some oil, fry spices till fragrant. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent spices from burning or sticking in pot. Cook till oil separates, abt 6-10 mins.
- Add in half cooked pork and stirring occasionally, till mixtures dries up, abt 10-12 mins.
- Season with salt and sugar, or to taste.Stir to mix well.
- Serve immediately with steamed white rice and some greens (vegetables).
Rate this post if you like:
2 arguments are required, 1 given