I haven’t been feeling well lately and so I haven’t done much creative cooking and tasting. But yes, we got to eat sometimes and so, I’ve got to cook sometimes too. So I tried another easy recipe..
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (I use sunflower oil)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp onion seeds (left out; I didn’t have this)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp grated fresh shoot ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 250g chicken thighs, skinned, boned , cut into bite-sized pcs
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped red chillies, to garnish
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan. When hot, add all spice seeds and stirfry for 1 min.
- Add ginger, garlic, onion, chilli powder, stock and tomato puree and stirfry for another 1 min.
- Add chicken and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer for abt 7 mins, or till chicken is tender and cooked thru.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped chillies and serve with rice and stirfried vegetables/greens.
I would use fresh red chillies ground into a paste instead of chilli powder next time.. I think that would make it even yummier.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: