Nasi Goreng Kecap (Fried Rice with Sweet Soy Sauce)‘s a simple dish to make; especially if there’s lots of leftover white rice and looking for something quick and easy as well as yummy to prepare. It goes well with slices of cucumber and tomato with a good serving of sambal belacan or sambal ikan bilis.. 🙂
Recipe from “My Great Grandma Never Left Our Kitchen” by Shirley Zecha
- 600g cooked white rice
- ½-1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning powder
- 5 tbsp Indonesian sweet soy sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter (I used sunflower oil)
|Prep time||5-10 mins|
|Cook time||10 mins|
|Total time||20 mins|
- Melt butter (or heat oil) in a wok, add eggs and scramble them.
- Add cooked rice and mix with eggs evenly.
- Add salt, chicken seasoning powder, soy sauce and stir-fry thoroughly, about 8-10 mins.
- Serve with lettuce and cucumber slices.
Our Nasi Goreng Kecap was served with some cubed cucumber and tomatoes and sprinkled with some chopped spring onions and red chillies.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: