Recipe from The Zecha Heritage Cookbook: My Great Grandma Never Left Our Kitchen
- 500g minced pork or chicken
- 500g potatoes, skinned and cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1 big onion, peeled, halved, sliced roughly
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp chicken seasoning powder
- 5 tbsp indonesian sweet soy sauce
- ½ lime or 1 tsp lime juice
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
|Prep time||10 mins|
|Cook time||±20 mins|
|Total time||±30 mins|
- Marinate meat with pepper and light soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep-fry potato slices till golden. (I shallow-fried.) Remove and put aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and fry onions till light brown.
- Add marinated meat and fry till meat’s almost cooked, then add pre-fried potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Add seasoning, sweet soy sauce and stirfry for abt 2 mins.
- Squeeze or add lime juice over it and serve.
My mum cooks this quite often coz we like it very much and she usually make it with sliced pork or chicken but without lime juice.
I made this with minced pork and the added lime juice gave it a different flavour altogether. It does taste pretty good with the added flavour.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: