We need our dosage of hearty spiced food every week and I chose to make an adaptation of a recipe found on my mini Tasty Cooking recipe book. It’s Dry Pork & Potato Masala..
- 600-700g shoulder of pork fillet, cut into large chunks
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- 2½ tbsp meat curry powder
- ½ tbsp chilli powder
Ingredients to be Blended into a Paste:
- 1 large onion, peeled, cut into chunks
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 5 cm ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, only white part, bruised
- 3 pandan leaves, cut into large pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick, abt 5cm
- 3 cloves
- 3 medium tomatoes, quartered
- abt 300-400g large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 red chillies, halved lengthwise (I used chilli padi or thai bird’s eye chilli)
- 150 ml water
- 10 curry leaves
- 6 tbsp vegetable or cooking oil
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- Heat oil on medium heat. Put in cinnamon stick and cloves. Fry for abt 3 mins till fragrant.
- Add lemongrass and pandan leaves. Stir slowly till fragrant.
- Pour in onion mixture and stir well till fragrant, abt 5 mins.
- Put in pork mixture. Stir slowly and constantly till well mixed. Cook for abt 5 mins.
- Pour in water and bring to the boil. Stir well.
- Put in tomatoes and potatoes. Cover pan and cook medium heat for abt 8 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Then add curry leaves, chillies and salt, to taste. Stir slowly till gravy dries up.
- Serve warm.
Rate this post if you like: