Recipe adapted from Christine’s Recipes
- abt 1kg chicken wings, wings and drummettes separated, tips discarded
- Thai sweet chilli sauce for dipping – optional
- 1 lemongrass, white part only, finely shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (I used Kimball but any other kind can also be used)
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine or any kind of chinese rice wine
- tsp palm sugar or sugarcane sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- a dash of pepper
- Combine marinade in a bowl (which has a cover) well. Add in chicken and mix well. Cover bowl and leave to marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight, if possible.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 200C and remove chicken from fridge. Let chicken return to room temperature.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and arrange chicken in 1 layer without the marinade.
- Bake chicken in oven for abt 30-35 mins; removing to baste chicken with remaining marinade once and turn chicken over.
- Then heat and cook remaining marinade in a pan on slow fire till it bubbles and is reduced and thickened – takes a few mins. Remove from heat and pour into sauce dish.
- Serve baked chicken with marinade sauce.
It’s good; like the sauce a lot although it’s not spicy at all.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: