- 1 fresh firm tofu, abt 330g – cut into 1x1cm cubes
- 500g frozen mixed seafood (e.g. mussels, clams, prawns, baby squids, crabsticks, etc.), defrosted
- 350g semi-cooked potatoes, cut into 1x1cm cubes
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp spicy lemongrass paste (please see recipe below)
- 2 tbsp thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp palm sugar (or granulated sugar)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat a tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil in a wok on medium fire. Add in potatoes and fry till slightly golden and cooked. Scoop out of wok onto a plate and leave aside till later.
- Heat another tbsp oil in same wok and add in onion and garlic, stirfry quickly till onion’s translucent, abt 2-3 mins.
- Add in spicy lemongrass paste, stirring quickly to mix, abt 3 mins.
- Add in mixed seafood and potatoes, sauces and sugar. Fry till seafood’s cooked, abt 3-5 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Give it another few gentle stir and serve while hot.. 🙂
Ingredients and preparation for the Spicy Lemongrass paste:
- 5 fresh lemongrass
- 25 dried chillies, remove some seeds for less spiciness and soaked in warm water for 30 mins
- 3.5cm fresh ginger root
- 8 garlic cloves
- 100ml vegetable oil
- Remove outer layer (and dried) layer of lemongrass, using only the white part, slice thinly.
- Cut soaked dried chillies, ginger and garlic into smaller pieces.
- Blend or grind all ingredients including oil into a coarse paste. (Oil’s added to make blending or grinding easier.)
Leftover or extra lemongrass paste can be stored in the fridge for abt 1 month and in the freezer for upto 3 months.
So here’s another look at Spicy Lemongrass Tofu & Mixed Seafood again.. It was satisfyingly good.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like:
2 arguments are required, 1 given