- 1kg chicken, cleaned and cut into small pcs (I used chicken drummettes)
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp chicken curry powder
Ingredients to be Blended into Paste:
- 4 large onions, peeled and cut into cubes
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 5 cm ginger, chopped
- 1 lemongrass, only white part, outer layer discarded
- 3 pandanus leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 200ml water
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 4 red chillies, halved lengthwise, seeds discarded (I added into ingredients to be blended)
- 10 curry leaves
- 3 tbsp cooking or vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- Heat oil on medium heat. Add in cinnamon stick and cloves. Fry for 3 mins till fragrant.
- Add lemongrass and pandanus leaves. Stir slowly, till fragrant, abt 3 mins.
- Pour in onion paste and stir well for abt 8-10 mins till fragrant.
- Add in marinated chicken. Stir slowly and constantly till well-mixed. Cook for abt 5-8 mins.
- Pour in water and bring to the boil. Stir well.
- Add in tomatoes. Cover pan and cook on medium fire for abt 7-10 mins.
- Add salt (to taste), curry leaves and red chillies. Stir till gravy dries up and serve immediately.
Wonderfully satisfying.. 😛
Rate this post if you like: