Mini Cheese Swirls.. yummm.. easy, quick, pastry – what more can one say.. A quick snack prepared during a break while working on our garden and vegetable patch.. 🙂
- 375g pack ready-rolled all butter puff pastry
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- 30g gruyère, finely grated
- Good pinch of cayenne pepper
- 150g bacon rashers – optional
Optional: to serve with
- 3 hardboiled eggs, shelled and cut into little chunks, creme fraiche, celery salt, cress
- Preheat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C.
- Unroll pastry onto a work surface and sprinkle with parmesan, gruyère and cayenne pepper. (and bacon rashers.)
- Take one of long edges and roll up pastry to form a swirl.
- With a sharp knife, slice into 34 thin rounds, then place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Chill until ready to cook.
- Bake cheese swirls in preheated oven for 8-10 mins till golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Place a few egg chunks on each of the cheese swirls on top of a little crème fraîche, then top with a sprinkling of celery salt and some cress. Serve straightaway.
I didn’t prepare the eggs and we just had the Cheese Swirls as they were. Pretty good as a quick snack.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like:
2 arguments are required, 1 given