Bought some beautiful fresh oyster mushrooms in Amsterdam yesterday and Gingery Oyster Mushrooms & Chicken’s created. It’s made very simply in the microwave but it could be steamed too.. 🙂
- 200g fresh oyster mushrooms, shredded roughly into large pcs
- 2 skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into large chunks
- 3 spring onions, white part cut finely, green part cut into 3cm pcs
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped – optional
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp XiaoShing wine (Chinese cooking wine) or dry sherry
- 2 tbsp water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Put chicken slices into a large microwave-safe bowl with a lid.
- Add into white part of spring onions, ginger and garlic powders, XiaoShing wine, light soy sauce, (chilli) and salt & pepper to taste. Stir well to combine with chicken. Let it sit to marinate for 3-5 mins.
- Cover bowl with lid and microwave at 750Wt for 2 mins. Remove, stir chicken mixture and return to microwave for another 2 mins.
- Remove and add in oyster mushrooms, green part of spring onions and water, giving them a good mix or stir. Cover and return to microwave for a further 3 mins.
- Remove bowl from microwave and let stand with lid on, for 5 mins.
- Give it a good stir and serve immediately with rice.
Otherwise, you can also steam in a deep wok filled with hot water for 15 mins..
An easy and delish meal.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: