Needed some carbs today. Besides rice, potatoes and prawns came to mind but I needed spicy as well. This, Prawn & Potato Chilli Dry-Fry satisfied my craving for now.. 🙂
Recipe adapted from Love2Cook‘s Prawn & Potato Fry recipe
- 1kg medium shrimps, shelled (leave tail on, if wished) and deveined
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 large onion, , halved and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 dried chillies, halved and deseeded
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- salt, to taste
- In a bowl, mix prawns, chilli powder, turmeric and salt. Set aside for 15 mins to marinate.
- Heat vegetable (or sunflower) oil in a wok on medium-low heat and fry potatoes till light brown and cooked, abt 10 mins. Remove and drain on a paper-towel on a plate. Leave oil in wok.
- Add a little more oil to wok and stirfry fennel seeds, garlic, onion, dried chillies and curry leaves for abt 1 min.
- Add in marinated prawns. Stir to mix thoroughly and cook with lid on for 3-5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add fried potatoes and a little more salt, to taste and if needed and mix thoroughly. Stirfry the mixture for abt another 1 min.
- Serve immediately with some sliced or cubed cucumber-tomato salad and rice.
Note: This dish is dry, so no water needed.
woohoo.. it’s really spicy.. but craving satisfied.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: