My homegrown vegetables are growing in abundance now and it’s time to harvest many of them. The weather’s turning and its getting colder everyday. Baked Chicken & Vegetables Casserole sounds so everyday and normal. But yeah, it’s made tastier coz it’s made with vegetables and herbs from my own veggie patch. 🙂
- 6 chicken thighs, skin and bone left on, excess fat and skin trimmed off
- 3 chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, sliced into 3-4 pcs per fillet
- 1 courgette, quartered lengthwise, cut into large chunks
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, quartered lengthwise, cut into large chunks
- 2 large leeks, white and young green section only, cleaned and sliced into large pcs
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 handful lemonthyme leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Marinate chicken thighs with lemonthyme, chilli, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 tsp salt and a dash of pepper for 15 mins.
- Put courgette, carrot, leeks and garlic in a large oven-safe casserole dish. Add a dash of salt and pepper (to taste) and mix well.
- Arrange tomato halves on top of vegetable mix in casserole dish.
- Then put chicken thigh fillets over de vegetables and arrange the 6 pcs of chicken thighs, skin side-up on top again.
- Bake in oven for 90 mins till chicken skin is crisp and chicken’s cooked.
- Serve with baked potatoes or rice.
Am so glad this casserole turned out so well. It was delish, full of flavour and homegrown veggies would always be the best. I would make this again, sure.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like:
2 arguments are required, 1 given