Ever since we had our greenhouse, our tomatoes have been growing very well; totally protected from the unpredictable weather that this country has – too much wet rainy cold days and too few warm sunny days, even in the summertime.
We’ve been having tomatoes regularly; as a relish, sliced, cooked in soups/broths, made into pasta, stirfries.. So I thought if I could freeze some for the winter, that would be fabulous, great.. I made Oven-dried Tomatoes.. 🙂
I forgot to weigh the tomatoes before slicing them into halves. I think it was abt 3kg in all, only ripe ones.
- Preheat oven to 130-150C or fan 100-130C.
- Line baking tray with aluminium foil and then baking paper.
- Halve tomatoes and put in a single layer on baking tray, open halved side up, skin side down.
- Sprinkle with some olive or sunflower or rapeseed oil and a little salt.
- Roast in oven for between 4-6 hrs on 130C or till tomatoes are totally dried but not burned. It depends on how large the tomatoes are, then it might take longer or shorter time to roast them.
It was really yummy; Dunster loves it, so much that he can’t stop nibbling on them. I found it a little too sour, even when accompanied by some rice. Well, I’m going to cook or dehydrate them in either some pasta sauce or soups, I think.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like:
2 arguments are required, 1 given