Something simple but with a very Malaysian tinge for a cold autumn day. They were baked in the oven but it would also be delish barbequed on a nice warm summer day.. 🙂
Adapted from chopinandmysaucepan
- 1-1.5kg chicken drumsticks & wings (I used only wings mid-joint)
- 2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Malaysian curry powder, e.g. Baba’s or Bird brand
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
|Prep time||70 mins|
|Cook time||45 mins|
|Total time||115 mins|
- Mix oil, turmeric powder, curry powder, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken into mixing bowl and and stir to mix marinade and chicken evenly. Marinate for at least 1 hour or overnite.
- Preheat up to 200C.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer on a rack in roasting tray to render fat from baking process.
- Slow bake and grill chicken for abt 40-45 mins or til chicken pcs are golden brown on outside.
- Brush chicken with leftover marinade half way thru baking process to prevent meat from drying.
Well, I had only abt 1kg chicken wings with quite a lot of leftover marinade. So I used the leftover to coat some pork (thickly sliced) and baked it for abt 15 mins till cooked and golden.. It was also delish.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: