Made some Apricot & Pineapple Palmiers on the spur of the moment for both Dunster and I as afternoon snack. It’s a quick easy to prepare snack and any kind of jams that is available can be used. Of course, I used my homemade Dried Apricot & Pineapple Jam and some readymade puff pastry sheets.. 🙂
- 6 sheets of 10x10cm readymade puff pastry
- some Dried Apricot & Pineapple jam (or any kind of jam available)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Defrost puff pastry sheets. Then overlap a bit, join up by pressing the sides of 2 pastry sheets tightly and then join up the rest to make a rectangular sheet. So it’ll turn up to be a sheet of 20x60cm.
- Then scoop jam with a knife and spread jam generously, 1cm away from the edges of pastry sheet.
- Carefully fold pastry sheet away from the long end towards the middle and do the same with the other long end. Try not to press too hard, otherwise jam will spill out from the ends.
- Then using a sharp knife, slice abt 2cm thick pcs and put them jam-side down on baking tray abt 5cm away from each other.
- Bake in preheated oven for abt 20 mins. Once ready, serve immediately.
Cute and looks like butterflies, dont they? Yes, they were delish with a mug of coffee.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: