Black Russian Tomatoes Caprese Salad‘s adapted from a refreshing salad from Capri, known as Insalata Caprese. Black Russian Tomatoes are used coz it’s harvested from our very own veggie patch.
- 2 large Black Russian tomatoes (or any kind of meaty fresh tomatoes)
- 10 baby mozzarella balls or 2 mozzarella balls
- some fresh basil leaves, leaves only
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Slice tomatoes and mozzarella balls thickly.
- Lay a tomato slice on a plate, top with a slice of mozzarella, then by a basil leave. Continue laying in same sequence at a slight angle till all tomato and mozzarella slices are finished.
- Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle generously over salad.
- Serve cold as a side dish; maybe some bbq-ed meat or fish and baked potatoes.
Looks beautiful and tastes really good and fresh on sunny hot days.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: