Simple yet delish; fried or baked or bbq-ed chicken’s always been a favourite and I’m always experimenting with new flavours. I created Baked Masala Chicken Wings by mixing some Asian ingredients.
- ±1.2 kg chicken wings, mid-joint or drummettes
- 1 heaped tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 heaped tbsp meat curry powder (preferably Malaysian)
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 7 tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder, optional
- 1 tsp dried coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Clean chicken wings and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Put all marinade ingredients in a deep bowl and mix evenly till a paste.
- Add in wings and stir to coat wings thoroughly and well.
- Cover and leave in fridge to marinate for at least 2 hrs or better, overnite.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper or aluminium foil.
- Remove wings from fridge and stir wings to coat with marinade well. Put wings on lined tray in 1 layer.
- Bake in oven for 45 mins till cooked and dark brown. Serve immediately with some salad leaves or like me, mixed veggie (spicy) fried rice.. 🙂
I’m very happy with the taste; a successful experiment with their Indian-Chinese flavours.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: