Harvested another huge leek and I love eggs cooked in many ways but this is 1 of the easiest. Stir-frying vegetables with eggs is a favourite way of quick and simple cooking for me.. 🙂
- 1 large leek
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- a dash of pepper
- salt, to taste
- some vegetable or sunflower oil
- Remove brown and dark green parts of leek, cut end half of leek into half and slice leeks into 3-5cm pcs. Wash sliced leeks very well in water several times, making sure it clean of soil, etc. Drain in colander till required later.
- Break eggs into a bowl, season with soy sauce and pepper. Whisk using a fork and set aside.
- Heat a wok or large pan on medium heat.
- Put abt 3 tbsp oil in wok or pan. After a min, add in leeks and stirfry, breaking up leeks for abt 10-15 mins till wilted and cooked. Stir leeks to cover as much of bottom of wok or pan as possible.
- Give eggs a stir and pour eggs in a circular way on top of leeks in wok, covering leeks totally.
- Let mixture sit in wok for abt 2-3 mins and slowly push egg mixture into middle of wok carefully so that uncooked egg mixture to the bottom of wok. Let it sit for another 1-2 mins.
- Then using a wok spoon, turn egg mixture over to slightly brown 1 side and then let it sit for another 2-3 mins before turning over mixture to slightly brown the other side. Remove to a plate immediately and serve with rice or bread. Eggs are much nicer if it’s not overcooked. Enjoy.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: