Cheat Cornish-style Pasties – why? coz it had to be made quickly and it was made with ready-made puff pastry sheets; instead of beef, sausage meat was used.
I like Cornish Pasties very much but would only be able to get them in UK but it was always slightly different. I thought I should try to make it myself; using Hairy Bikers’ recipe and adapting it slightly.. I’m well pleased with it.. 🙂
- 10 sheets ready-made puff pastry (10x10cm)
- 3 plain meat sausages, abt 300g – skin removed
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300g swede or turnip (koolraap), peeled n roughly cubed
- 300g potatoes, peeled and roughly cubed
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
|Prep time||20-30 mins|
|Cook time||30 mins|
|Total time||45-60 mins|
- Defrost puff pastry sheets. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with parchment or baking paper. Put a little milk in a bowl and set aside.
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend into a rough mix. Remove and put aside.
- Once puff pastry’s defrosted, put a heaped tbspful or slightly more of mixture onto centre of a puff pastry. Fold 1 end towards the other into a triangle, press both edges to seal tightly. Then start at 1 end, fold a little pastry over onto itself to it like a half moon shape (as picture below). Put on on tray, lying on it’s back with folded edges facing up. Do the same for all puff pastries. Make sure that there’s some 5-8cm between each pastry.
- Prick with a fork all over pastry (for steam to escape from inside pastry).
- Lightly brush each pastry with a little milk all over.
- Bake pasties for abt 25-30 mins till pasties are golden and brown.
- Leave to cool slightly before serving with some salad leaves or by themselves.
So sorry, I don’t have any pictures of how I made the pasties. I wanted to post this up quickly so that I don’t forget the recipe. I’ll make sure I take pictures the next time I make this and update this post. 🙁
Rate this post if you like: