Recipe adapted from Cuisine Paradise
Ingredients: (Serves: 8-10)
- 1.2 kg chicken pcs (I used drummettes)
- 4 lemongrass, bruised
- 8 whole shallots, peeled
- 10 peeled and sliced ginger
- 10 cooked chestnuts, halve large pcs
- 300ml water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp dark sweet soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp Hsiao Xing rice wine (Chinese cooking wine)
- 1½ tsp cornflour
- Marinate chicken for at least 2 hours or overnite in fridge (stir once or twice during marinating process).
- Sautee lemongrass with 2 tbsp cooking oil together with shallots and ginger till fragrant and golden.
- Add in chicken and continue to stir-fry over medium high heat till the meat changes colour.
- Add in chestnut, leftover marinade liquid and water, bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until chicken’s cooked and gravy is nearly absorbed and thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Rate this post if you like: