It’s asparagus season again. 🙂
Serves 4 easily..
- 300g green asparagus
- 100g raw medium-sized prawns
- 1 onion, peeled, halved and sliced thinly
- 20g thai red chilli, roughly chopped
- 10g belacan or roasted shrimp paste
- 15g anchovies, washed and drained
- 2 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ salt or to taste
- Peel asparagus with a peeler and slice each into 3 cm pcs. Wash and set aside to drain.
- Peel prawns and devein. Rinse, drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. Set aside.
- Blend chilli, belacan, dried anchovies, shallots and garlic into paste.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry onion till soft, abt 5 mins.
- Then add in blended ingredients and mix into onion. Stirfry, till fragrant.
- Add in asparagus and prawns. Stirfry for abt 5-7 mins, till cooked and crunchy, but not soft and prawns are cooked. Add salt, to taste.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Rate this post if you like: