Jellybean Cookies was adapted from my Bakkwa Cookies as the cookie texture and taste’s really soft and light with an easy-to-manage dough. It’s also sort-of a Valentine treat for Dunster as well as cookies for Chinese New Year. A two-in-one, really.. 🙂
Makes 40-50 cookies, ±5cm in size
- 452g unsalted butter
- 180g granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 590g all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g mixed jellybeans
- Roughly chop up mixed jellybeans in a food processor or with a butter knife.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, salt and mixed jellybeans; stir into sugar mixture.
- Divide dough into a few portions. Place each portion in a plastic wrap and roll into a log of approximately 3cm in diameter. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove dough from plastic wrap and cut into small pieces of 1 cm thick. Shape as desired.
- Place cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, space them abt 3cm apart.
- Bake for ±15 mins, or till lightly brown at edges.
- Cool cookies completely and store in an airtight container.
Rate this post if you like:
2 arguments are required, 1 given